Rx Summit 2022 was held from April 18-21, and while the conference and exhibition are fresh on my mind, I wanted to capture some of my favorite memories from the trip to Atlanta. Here is my top 10 list in no particular order:
- Meeting our DisposeRx teammate, Ed Leahy, in person;
- Gathering for a large conference for the first time in more than two years and meeting so many committed and passionate people;
- Hearing compelling stories from those in recovery and how they are helping others;
- Being on the trade show floor again (finally!) and providing demonstrations of our simple but powerful product;
- Inviting the teams from Gatekeeper Innovation, Inc. and Rx Destroyer to join us in the booth to provide additional information and education about safe medication storage and mass disposal;
- Presenting with Dr. Susan Bissett about West Virginia Drug Intervention Institute’s new pharmacy reimbursement program and our other state collaborations;
- Learning more about creative initiatives designed to curb the substance use disorder and the opioid epidemic;
- Talking with Mitch Barnett from the Iowa Board of Pharmacy for the first time other than via Zoom and discussing ways we can help grow the Iowa Medication Disposal program;
- Listening to the stories that our current partners shared about why they value DisposeRx;
And last but certainly not least, hearing—as we were packing up the booth at the end of the show, “Carol, I am Lisa Sherrell.” It was a complete shock that members of the Alaska Prescription Drug Monitoring Program and Alaska Board of Pharmacy would travel all the way to Atlanta for the conference. We are so proud to be working with them and were delighted to meet them IN PERSON!
What a great trip it was, and now I have a much better understanding of the importance of Rx Summit! I look forward to participating again in the future and spending additional time with so many wonderful people.